The Statement of Faith adopted by Westminster Academy is a summary of classical reformed orthodoxy. Following is the Statement of Faith:
- We believe that the Bible in its entirety is divine revelation, and we submit to the authority of this Holy Scripture, acknowledging it to be inerrantly inspired by God and to carry the full weight of His authority.
- We believe in one God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. He is Creator of all things, omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- The Father and the risen and ascended Son have sent the Holy Spirit to dwell in the hearts of believers, effecting their regeneration and operating in their sanctification. The same Holy Spirit brings His people together to form a corporate community of believers.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. We believe that the triune God has established a visible church which is called to live in the power of the Holy Spirit under the authoritative regulation of Holy Scripture, exercising discipline, administering the sacraments, and preaching the gospel of Christ.
- We believe that salvation is by grace through faith alone in Christ alone. This faith without its accompanying works is dead.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved to the resurrection of life and they that are lost to the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in an orthodox Christian view of life, identity, marriage and sexual morality in full accord with the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament.
- We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. (Ps. 139:13-16)
- We believe that our identity as male and female is ordained by God as part of His creation. God created each person male or female and these distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Gen. 1:26-27)
- We believe that Adam and Eve were made to complement each other in a one-flesh union. This creation ordinance establishes marriage between one man and one woman as the only proper context for all sexual relations. The New Testament makes clear that this relationship ultimately serves as a picture of the union between Christ and his Church. ( Mk. 10:6-9)
- We embrace and adopt the essential truths of orthodox Christianity as articulated in the system of doctrine expressed in the creeds of the Protestant Reformation, including The Westminster Confession of Faith, The Thirty-nine Articles of Religion, The Heidelberg Catechism, and The Second London Baptist Confession of 1689. (See Section 2.6 for policy regarding secondary doctrine).
This statement of faith has been adopted by Westminster Academy and is a summary of our classical reformed orthodoxy.